Tracking calls at Dealership Location
Image representing count of live calls across dealership regions.
Why track calls at Dealership level?
- It’s difficult if all enquiries are forwarded to call center and handled centrally due to nature of business. Customer would want to know the location, speak the local language, ask for discounts and more that can only be effectively handled at dealership level, not at a central level. Hence, phone enquiries are directed to dealership from Web search, Print Media & other campaigns.
- The primary objective is to understand the no of calls received at each dealership and whether calls are answered or not. Though it’s not possible to answer 100% calls, the idea is to ensure the best experience is offered to customer even if calls go missed. A simple SMS that reads “we’ve noted your number and you’ll receive a call back soon” can help assure the customer that their enquiry is getting tracked and can expect a call back soon.
- The idea is to also offer a unified experience to customers over the phone when they try to reach a Ford showroom number. This includes a unified welcome message, IVR, music on hold, no answer music & SMS.
- Ford central team would also want to know the impact of different paid campaign they do in terms of call generated. So, the team uses multiple virtual numbers per dealership for this purpose.
Is tracking just the number of calls enough?
Once the basic call tracking is there in place, the next big thing was to analyze how the enquiries are being handled over the phone. The idea is to ensure relevant the customer receives relevant information for the queries and not a blunt reply that says “I shall arrange a call back for you sir!”.
Conversation is the next big data!
- Speech recognition can also uncover the keywords spoken by the customer using spoken keyword detection. The idea is to understand what car brand(s) the customer is looking for, along with the intent of the customer as to whether the enquiry is made for Sales or Service.
- While information at an individual call record is important, the bigger picture is to understand how the data can be put together to form a meaningful information. Sales projection based on keyword detection is one such example use case on how the information could be used.
- Understanding conversation can help on need based customer classification and the data can be further used to successfully re-target customers with enquiry-specific one-to-one ads and context-driven messaging on social media platforms like WhatsApp.
Direct Impact on dealer performance